I'm about ready to go to bed, why would I want to bake...
So, Wednesday I have an idea!
Make a batch of Chocolate Chip Cookies, Bake Half & Freeze the other half, ready to bake for those 10:30pm cravings.
Above shows the Cookies I baked and the Cookies I froze.
I used a small ice cream scoop to get the perfect size cookies.
These are yummy, buttery chocolate chip cookies.
Great for any sweet tooth.
3 ½ cups flour
1 ¼ tsp baking soda
1 ½ tsp baking powder
¾ tsp salt
1 ¼ cups real unsalted butter
1 ¼ cups dark brown sugar
1 cup plus 2 Tbsp sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 (11.5 oz.) bag Ghiradelli chocolate chips, or other quality chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix to combine and set aside.
3. Using paddle attachment on mixer, cream butter and sugars together just until blended.
4. Add eggs, one a time, mixing well after each addition.
5. Add the vanilla.
6. Put mixer on low speed, and add in dry ingredients.
7. Mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
8. Stir in chocolate chips by hand gently.
9. It's best to make bigger cookies for the right texture - so I would recommend using 4 Tablespoon size
scoop to form your cookies.
10. Place on cookie sheet and bake for 15-17 minutes. I like mine to look a little undercooked in the middle,
then let them finish cooking on the cookie sheet for a few minutes while they cool. Then move them to a
cookie rack or plate to keep cooling.
When freezing these cookies: Form into balls- with scoop, add to a ziploc freezer bag.
I just released the scoop into the bag, to help keep the dough together.
They will last for about a month in the freezer. To bake just take out and bake
as directed, adding a few extra minutes of baking time.