I found this awesome recipe on Pinterest from LittleSpiceJar.com, I hope she doesn't mind me posting it. Check out her site, she has TONS of excellent recipes. Below is the recipe to this super easy to make Crock Pot Minestrone Soup.
Perfect for these cooler nights.
Author: Little Spice Jar
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Serves: 6-8 servings
An easy to make, minestrone soup recipe that tastes 1000 times better than the Olive Garden's version! My minestrone soup is loaded with good for you veggies, like spinach and zucchini. It's also protein packed with red kidney beans and great northern beans. You'll be full for hours from this healthy, nutritious soup!
- 2 cans (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomato pesto (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 parmesan rind
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1¼ cup celery, diced
- 1½ cup white onion, diced
- 4 - 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 sprig rosemary (or ½ teaspoon dried)
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (15 oz) red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz) great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1½ cups zucchini, diced
- 1½ cups tubular (ditalini) pasta
- 1 cup frozen green beans, thawed
- 2½ cups baby spinach, chopped
- Finely shredded Parmesan cheese, for serving (or Romano)
- Add the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato pesto, parmesan rind, vegetable stock, water, carrots, celery, onions, garlic, oregano, rosemary, and bay leaves to a slow cooker. Seasonw ith salt and pepper to taste and cook on low heat 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours.
- Add in red kidney beans, great northern beans, zucchini, and pasta and cook on high heat for an additional 20 - 25 minutes until pasta is tender. Stir in the spinach and green beans and cook for an additional 5 minutes until heated through. Serve warm topped with parmesan cheese and garlic toasts.