Epicenter Supplies LLC
is a small family-owned business offering a wide variety of products and they are here for your emergency preparedness, survival, and outdoor recreation needs. TheEpicenter.com
was formed in 1995, and they have been operating from their current location in Eugene, Oregon since May 1999. They are a well-established business and authorized distributor and dealer for several major U.S. companies such as Oregon Freeze Dry (Mountain House products), Sopakco, AmeriQual, MREStar, Sterling Foods, Thermo-Pac, Bridgford Foods, Aquamira, and many others. TheEpicenter.com
has a long history of providing excellent customer service and they have many happy repeat customers. Their knowledgeable staff is always friendly, courteous, and ready to assist you
September is National Preparedness Month
September is National Preparedness Month and serves as a reminder that we all need to take action to prepare for the types of emergencies that could affect us where we live, work, and visit.
has everything you need to prepare for any disaster or even camping/hiking trip. In my area, California, we have to be prepared for earthquakes so every household has an emergency kit with food and water rations. TheEpicenter.com
sent me some pretty cool items that are truly must haves for every kit or even to keep stashed in your car when taking trips.
Mainstay Emergency Water Ration Packets, 12-count
- U.S. Coast Guard approved for 5-year storage
- Purified by reverse osmosis
- Meets/exceeds U.S. Pharmacopoeia standards
- 4.225 fl. oz. flexible trilaminate foil pouches
- No oxygen transfer (In other words, no chance of bacterial contamination)
- Durable packaging withstands temperature extremes from –40° F to 210° F
These super handyMainstay Emergency Water Packets
are a staple for a survival kit, for camp trips or even for keeping in your car in case of emergencies.
They are good for drinking up to 5 years after the stamped date. Once they have hit the expiration date you can just pop them in your freezer and use them as ice packs so there is really never any wasted product.
Each pouch is 4.225 oz so if you are rationing you will need 2 packets per day. They are sold in 12 counts which equals 6 days of water for one person. So in my opinion when purchasing this product make sure to buy a 12 pk for each member of your house.
Mainstay Emergency Drinking Water Pouches are extremely affordable at $4.20 a 12 pack. Right now they are on sale for only $3.00 per 12 pk. You can also purchase them in 60 count cases for $14.00 on sale now for only $12.00.
Mainstay 1-Day Survival Energy Bars
This 1-Day ready to eat Mainstay Food Ration Energy Bar provides a total of 1,200 Calories.
- 5 year Shelf Life
- Non-Thirst Provoking
- Withstands Temperatures of -40° F to 300°F (-40°C to 149°C)
- Individualized Portions (not individually wrapped within the package) eliminate the messy breaking-up that occurs with other bars
- Allows for on-land emergency consumption in a high-stress active situation
- Contains no cholesterol or tropical oils
- Meets the US Coast Guard standards (160.046/23/0), and meets the stringent guidelines set by the Department of Defense (SOLAS 74/83)
- Enriched with vitamins and minerals exceeding the RDA requirements — voted "Best Tasting Food Ration Bar"
- Pleasant lemon flavor which appeals to everyone
- Mainstay™ is Kosher and it meets the dictates for Halal
I was able to try the 1-day 1200 calorie bars which unfortunately are out of stock but really.....who wants just one day. You need more than that so it's a good thing they do still have the 2-day (2400 calorie) and 3-Day (3600 calorie) bars in stock so grab a few of those and pack them in your emergency kits.
This 1-day 1200 calorie bar contains 3 smaller bars inside the package. Each square is 400 calories so it's the equivalent to 3 meals per day. These one day bars are $4.20 but on sale for $3.50
Make sure you check out TheEpicenter.com entire website for all of your emergency prepping needs. TheEpicenter.com will get you more than ready for any earthquake, tornado, power outage or zombie apocalypse. Take time out this September and update all your rations, check dates on food and pack fresh batteries. BE PREPARED!! Like mom always said.....better safe than sorry.
is giving one lucky Simple Side of Life reader a jump start on their survival kit. One reader will win a 2-day 2400 calorie bar and the 12-pack of water rations so follow all their social media site and tweet daily for extra entry points.